Blade Runner: 2049 | What to Know
Blade Runner: 2049
Blade Runner: 2049 is a sequel, set thirty years after the film, Blade Runner (1982). It stars Ryan Gosling and Harrison Ford. The film is directed by Dennis Villeneuve. Cast also includes Jared Leto, Ana de Armas, Sylvia Hoeks and Robin Wright. The movie premiered in Los Angeles on October 3, 2017. The movie has been released in most countries worldwide.
What to Know?
- Ridley Scott (director of Blade Runner), released a Final Cut in 2007. There are many versions of the original movie and some suggest to watch this version before seeing the sequel.
- One of the writers for the sequel is Michael Green, writing credits include Green Lantern and Logan. Another is Hampton Fancher, one of the writers for the original Blade Runner (1982).
- Ridley Scott was heavily involved in the production of the sequel as a producer.
- The sequel's cinematographer is Roger Deakins (Skyfall, Shawshank Redemption, A Beautiful Mind & Fargo).
- The film comes with an 'R' rating for “violence, some sexuality, nudity, and language.”
- The sequel is 163 minutes in length.
Blade Runner: 2049, Reviews
Blade Runner: 2049 has garnered good reviews from critics since its premiere. It also rated an 8.2/10 on Rotten Tomatoes and 8.5/10 on IMDB.com.
"Coming 35 years after the iconic original, Denis Villeneuve's sequel is a little heavier on spellbinding visuals than emotions or profound themes, but it still provides worthy food for thought." - Jeffrey M. Anderson, Common Sense Media (Follow them on Twitter)
To follow more news and updates about the movie, visit the following links:
Official Website: www.bladerunnermovie.com